CCOG for HUS 230C Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- HUS 230C
- Course Title:
- Field Experience Seminar III: Family and Human Services
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Supports the development of skills for successful field experience placements. Covers working under supervision, teamwork, stress, professional boundaries, professional certification and related professional issues. Prerequisites: HUS 260, HUS 230B, and (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Corequisites: HUS 270.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Use knowledge and skills to reflect on and discuss professional practices in the human service field.
- Collect and represent documentation of standard achievement as specified in the CSHSE National Standards for Associate degrees.
- Apply the knowledge, theory, and skills needed for employment in the human services field to the content areas needed for the Human Services Board Certified Practitioner (HS-BCP) examination.
Course Activities and Design
- Individual and large group presentations on related human service based topics.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Papers and essays.
- Documentation and rationale for CSHSE standard achievement in all standard areas.
- Case study scenarios