CCOG for HUS 101 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- HUS 101
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Human Services
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces the history, scope and context of human services, including how the profession evolved. Includes a survey of the present conditions in the field, contemporary trends, issues, and outcomes of service delivery. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Articulate the history and development of the human services profession.
- Identify the range of diverse populations served and needs addressed by human services.
- Identify the attitudes, skills, and knowledge needed in the human service field.
Course Activities and Design
- Individual reading
- Small group work
- Guest speakers
- Small and large group discussions
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Special topic presentations
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- History and development of human services
- Service delivery