CCOG for GD 116 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- GD 116
- Course Title:
- Intermediate Typography
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Focuses on typographic composition, hierarchy of information, font identification and grid structure. Integrates type and image for page layout. Prerequisites: GD 101, GD 114, GD 150. Prerequisites/concurrent: GD 122, GD 140, GD 151.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Utilize type as the primary graphic design element in creating professional level design solutions.
- Create layouts utilizing grid structure organization.
- Apply professional practices governing typography to communication materials.
- Prepare digital files conforming to industry production standards.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Combine specified typographic elements to generate visual interest
- Use type, color, and layout to engage target audiences
- Develop layouts conforming to visual hierarchy
- Combine type and imagery into a well composed layout of organized information
- Build digital documents to required specifications
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Attention to Detail
- Select typefaces appropriate for different project solutions
- Digitally manipulate letterforms for customization
- Apply professional methods of spacing to multiple typographic elements
- Compose layouts utilizing a grid
- Edit text to demonstrate professional typographic formatting
- Follow all required specifications