CCOG for ECE 224 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 224
- Course Title:
- Multicultural Practice: Curriculum & Implementation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Assignment #4 is tied to Key Assessment #4 as designated for the NAEYC Accreditation Standards. This assignment requires 2 hours of observation in a community setting.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Analyze materials and activities used in early childhood classrooms for multiculturalism and potential bias.
- Plan anti-bias, multicultural, and developmentally appropriate activities for young children.
- Observe and reflect on pedagogical practices in communities which are different from student's own culture.
Course Activities and Design
Course material will be presented using lecture, discussion, guest speakers, audio-visual presentations, and small group sessions.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Anti-bias education
- Anti-bias lesson planning