CCOG for ECE 224 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 224
- Course Title:
- Multicultural Practice: Curriculum & Implementation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Develops awareness of issues of culture and ethnicity as they relate to the early learning settings. Includes techniques for assessing, developing and implementing multicultural, anti-bias curriculum. Prerequisites: ECE 124, (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Analyze materials and activities used in early childhood classrooms for multiculturalism and potential bias.
- Plan anti-bias, multicultural, and developmentally appropriate activities for young children.
- Observe and reflect on pedagogical practices in communities which are different from student's own culture.
Course Activities and Design
Course material will be presented using lecture, discussion, guest speakers, audio-visual presentations, and small group sessions.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Anti-bias education
- Anti-bias lesson planning