CCOG for CEU 949Y Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- CEU 949Y
- Course Title:
- Phlebotomy Training Course
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
1. Recognize the role of the phlebotomist in the laboratory,
2. Accurately process & practice specimen collection and quality assurance.
3. Identify components and use of blood specimens,
4. Identify common physical conditions that may interfere with laboratory assays and recognize the role of the phlebotomist in the prevention of these interferences.
5. Identify commonly used equipment and supplies.
6. Successfully draw blood using both vacutainer and capillary methods.
7. Maintain safety procedures.
8. Demonstrate customer service skills and patient privacy regulations.