CCOG for CEU 3499 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- CEU 3499
- Course Title:
- Hazardous Materials First Responder Operations
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
• Analyze hazardous materials incidents.
• Detect the presence of hazardous materials.
• Survey the hazardous materials incident from a safe location, identify container & material types.
• Collect hazard and response information.
• Initiate the notification process.
• Predict the behavior of a material and its container.
• Estimate the potential harm and level of risk.
• Determine response objectives and defensive options.
• Determine appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
• Implement a planned response, scene control, incident management system.
• Initiate protective actions, utilize PPE, and perform defensive controls.