CCOG for AVS 265 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- AVS 265
- Course Title:
- Helicopter: CFI Flight
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This course covers all flight and ground stages of the Hillsboro Aero Academy FAA 141-approved Certified Flight Instructor Rotorcraft Helicopter Training Course Outline.
Specific hours of training are required to meet the outcomes for this course, and will be provided by PCC's contracted flight training provider under PCC supervision. Outcomes will be assessed by written, oral and practical (flight) tests.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Fly and teach required maneuvers from the left (instructor) seat to FAA Practical Test Standards.
- Qualify to take the FAA Helicopter Certified Flight Instructor knowledge and practical tests, and qualify to take the FAA Fundamentals of Instructing knowledge test.
- Provide safe, high-quality flight instruction to students seeking FAA Pilot Certificates.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Evaluation methods will include written, oral, and practical testing. Evaluation levels will meet or exceed those defined by the FAA Flight Instructor Rotorcraft Helicopter Practical Test Standards, FAA Flight Instructor Instrument Practical Test Standards, and required under 14 CFR 141, FAA Approved Training Course.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
(1) The fundamentals of instructing including—
(i) The learning process;
(ii) Elements of effective teaching;
(iii) Student evaluation and testing;
(iv) Course development;
(v) Lesson planning; and
(vi) Classroom training techniques.
(2) The aeronautical knowledge areas in which training is required for—
(i) A recreational, private, and commercial pilot certificate that is appropriate to the aircraft category and class rating for which the course applies.
(i) Fundamentals of instructing;
(ii) Technical subject areas;
(iii) Preflight preparation;
(iv) Preflight lesson on a maneuver to be performed in flight;
(v) Preflight procedures;
(vi) Airport and heliport operations;
(vii) Hovering maneuvers;
(viii) Takeoffs, landings, and go-arounds;
(ix) Fundamentals of flight;
(x) Performance maneuvers;
(xi) Emergency operations;
(xii) Special operations; and
(xiii) Postflight procedures.