CCOG for AVS 208C Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- AVS 208C
- Course Title:
- Flight Preparation Lab - Helicopter Instrument Instructor
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This course is required in the same term the student registers for AVS-266. The instructor guides and supports study and practice of flight-related material. Group work with other Aviation Science students of all levels is encouraged and may be required for some assignments. Online testing will be provided to help students self-assess preparedness for upcoming lessons.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Approach each flight lesson in the AVS-266 Training Course Outline knowing exactly what is to be practiced and what is to be expected.
- Arrive at each flight and ground lesson in the AVS-266 Training Course Outline with the knowledge and preparation to maximize learning during the lesson.
- Be prepared to state their current lesson, rate of progress, and next steps in the Training Course Outline.
- Develop and strengthen team learning skills.
- Remain informed about current safety and operational issues related to flight training.
Course Activities and Design
Individual and group assignments will guide students through learning and study of flight-related materials, and online quizzes will test their preparedness for upcoming flight lessons. All assignments and quizzes will be directly related to the associated flight and ground lessons in the Training Course Outline.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Outcome 1: Quiz covering content and objectives of upcoming flight lessons.
Outcome 2: Monitor number of repeated flight and ground lessons in the corequisite course.
Outcome 3: Guided analysis of current lesson and flight hours vs. budgeted hours for the corequisite flight course.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Guidance for studying, learning and practicing the knowledge, concepts and skills associated with the FAA Helicopter Instrument Instructor rating will be covered.