CCOG for AVS 207C Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- AVS 207C
- Course Title:
- Flight Preparation Lab - Airplane Instructor CFII/SEL
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This course is required in the same term when a student registers for AVS-243 or AVS-244, whichever is taken first. The instructor guides and supports study and practice of flight-related material. Group work with other Aviation Science students of all levels is encouraged and may be required for some assignments. Online testing will be provided to help students self-assess preparedness for upcoming lessons.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Approach each flight lesson in the AVS-243 and AVS-244 Training Course Outlines knowing exactly what is to be practiced and what is to be expected.
- Arrive at each flight and ground lesson in the AVS-243 and AVS-244 Training Course Outlines with the knowledge and preparation to maximize learning during the lesson.
- Be prepared to state their current lesson, rate of progress, and next steps in the Training Course Outlines.
- Develop and strengthen team teaching and learning skills.
- Remain informed about current safety and operational issues related to flight training.
Course Activities and Design
Individual and group assignments will guide students through learning and study of flight-related materials, and online quizzes will test their preparedness for upcoming flight lessons. All assignments and quizzes will be directly related to the associated flight and ground lessons in the Training Course Outlines.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Outcome 1: Quiz covering content and objectives of upcoming flight lessons.
Outcome 2: Monitor number of repeated flight and ground lessons in the pre/concurrent course(s).
Outcome 3: Guided analysis of current lesson and flight hours vs. budgeted hours for the pre/concurrent flight course(s).
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Guidance for studying, learning and practicing the knowledge, concepts and skills associated with the FAA Airplane SEL and Instrument Instructor ratings will be covered.