CCOG for VIR 131 archive revision 202104
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2021 through Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- VIR 131
- Course Title:
- Registry Review
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
VIR Registry Review (VIR 131) is required as part of the VIR Technologist Certificate Program. It is a prep course for taking the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists examination for certification in Cardiac Interventional (CI) and Vascular Interventional (VI).
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
Assess personal knowledge of content areas of the ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) certification exams in CI (Cardiac Interventional) and VI (Vascular Interventional).
Course Activities and Design
Review all concepts and previously presented materials during lecture and on-line units.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Complete on-line study units
2. Complete exercises and homework.
3. Complete mock VIR Registry Exam.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
THEMES, CONCEPTS, ISSUES
1. Vascular and solid organ anatomy.
2. Diagnostic and interventional Procedures for Cardiac, Interventional Radiology and Neurology.
3. Fundamental Principles of US and CT.
4. Image equipment, materials and supplies.
5. Patient Assessment, Monitoring and Management.
7. Physiologic monitoring and recording.
8. Sterile Technique and Infection Control.
9. Vascular access and approaches.
10. Vascular pathophysiology.
COMPETENCIES OR PROCESS SKILLS
1. Complete worksheets, on-line unit quizzes and mock VIR Registry Exam.