CCOG for VIR 121 archive revision 202104
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2021 through Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- VIR 121
- Course Title:
- Vascular Procedures I
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify the foundational concepts of diagnostic procedures for cardiology, interventional radiology, and neurology.
- Identify the workflow of diagnostic procedures for cardiology, interventional radiology, and neurology.
- Articulate the progression of care of the patient preceding the diagnostic procedures for cardiology, interventional radiology, and neurology.
Course Activities and Design
Understand workflows for each procedure type via simulations and discussions. Quizzes covering correct order of events for each procedure with rationale for each step.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Complete testing and quizzes for each section associated with individual modality
2. Complete video simulations for case set up, order of operation and rationale
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Case set up, order of operation and case flow rationale for the following..
b. Interventional Radiology