CCOG for PE 183B archive revision 202104
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2021 through Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 183B
- Course Title:
- Stretch, Roll, and Release
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of this course students should be able to:
- Explore and utilize varying methods to increase mobility, range of motion, and flexibility.
- Apply mobility and flexibility practices into daily living.
- Practice mind/body connections as it relates to physical conditioning.
- Integrate safe and useful movements for functionality and flexibility into an overall health and wellness program.
Students are encouraged to find the joy of movement and breathing through improved mobility.
Course Activities and Design
Face to face classes (and synchronous while remote) will have in-depth movement of joints and muscles each week.
Individual short lecture reading assignments outside of class that pertain to weekly live workouts.
Interactive discussion posts on relevant topics.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Individualized pre and post-testing with range of motion and/or flexibility tests.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Appropriate pre-and post-testing.
Appropriate flexibility and mobility exercises.
Appropriate progressions of mobility and flexibility exercises.
Participate in ongoing fitness programming related to flexibility training.
Develop lifelong fitness, health, and wellness. Experience the relationship of the mind, body and spirit.