CCOG for MCH 293 archive revision 201904
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2019
- Course Number:
- MCH 293
- Course Title:
- CNC Router Fundamentals Orientation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Requires basic computer operational skills literacy. Students will purpose and complete project work to support theory skills. Students must be proficient at CNC “G” code for milling applications prior to taking the course. Instructor approval required.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion, student will be able to:
- Identify processes that can be completed on a CNC router.
- Set up and operate a CNC router to manufacture a simple project.
- Use a vacuum table for material holding.
Course Activities and Design
The course will be taught through structured CNC router training activities to develop competency and will include student proposed project work to reinforce these skills.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be assessed on the setup and operation of the CNC router by evaluation of the quality of an agreed-to project completed by the student and approved by the instructor.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Skills obtained from this course will be:
- The ability to identify manufactured projects or products that are compatible for production on CNC routers.
- Basic set and operation of a CNC router to manufacturing a project.
- Student proposed project work to reinforce these concepts.