CCOG for LAT 224 archive revision 201701
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Winter 2017 through Fall 2017
- Course Number:
- LAT 224
- Course Title:
- Grading and Drainage
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Covers the interpretation of design documents to lay out grading and drainage projects. Includes the design and installation of drainage elements per site requirements. Introduces tools and methods for grading landscape sites based on design documents and field measurements. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Lay out a grading plan in the field.
- Grade and contour a site based on design documents and site characteristics.
- Recommend solutions to existing grade problems.
- Design, plan and evaluate landscape drainage solutions.
- Install drainage features on a landscape site.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Midterm and final exams
- Weekly assignments
- In-lab projects
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Reading grading plans and relative construction documents
- Identify and safely operate tools and equipment for grading and drainage installation
- Materials and supplies for grading and drainage
- Site layout for grading
- Grading landscape sites
- Site evaluation for grading and drainage
- Evaluation of existing grading and drainage