CCOG for EET 101B archive revision 201804
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2018 through Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- EET 101B
- Course Title:
- Electronic Lab Skills and Equipment 2
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Covers advanced operation and use of various types of equipment and tools used in electronic technology. Includes electronic bench equipment, schematics, soldering iron, and PCB layout software. Emphasizes troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Use advanced features of an oscilloscope and function generator to obtain data.
- Use spreadsheets to graph and analyze data obtained from electronic bench equipment.
- Demonstrate competency in surface-mount soldering in an electronic lab setting.
- Use circuit simulation and PCB layout software to test and build circuits.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Introduction to the field of electronics technology. Examples of typical electronic engineering technician jobs. May include guest presenters and videos.
- An overview of PCC's Electronic Engineering Technology program. Relationship of supporting courses, including math, writing, and physics, to the program courses and to employment in the industry. Also the relationship to 4 year EET programs such as OIT.
- How to solve engineering problems, study, and take exams. May include guest presenters and videos.
- Scientific calculators and how to use them in the EET program.
- Introduction to the application of computer simulation in the EET program.
- Introduction to PCB layout tools.
- How to use word processor and spreadsheet software in the EET program.
- How to use other PCC study resources, such as the library, computer resources centers, tutors, the world wide web, and the local network.