CCOG for ECE 135 archive revision 202204
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 135
- Course Title:
- Practicum 3 in Early Childhood Education
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Assess the environment, developmental needs of children, curriculum and instructional strategies utilizing observations and evidence-based tools.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical communication and collaboration with families, children and colleagues to maintain reciprocal relationships.
- Design, lead, and evaluate developmentally and culturally relevant curriculum and environments for individual and groups of children using knowledge of appropriate early learning standards, child development and other resources.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Participate in Mid-term and Final conferences with the mentoring team (Supervising Faculty and Mentor Lead Classroom Teacher) to review progress.
- Assessed on classroom practices by Mentor Teachers and Supervising Faculty throughout the term.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Students will acquire and demonstrate skills and abilities relating to the following Associate Standards for Early Childhood Professional Preparation:
- Promoting Child Development and Learning
- Building Family and Community Relationships
- Observing, Documenting, and Assessing to Support Young Children and Families
- Teaching and Learning
- Becoming a Professional