CCOG for ARCH 256 archive revision 201501
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Winter 2015 through Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- ARCH 256
- Course Title:
- Detail Drawing with AutoCAD
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Students who may have a disability and wish an accommodation should make arrangements to meet with the instructor outside of class to discuss specific requests. Any request for accommodation may require that documentation of disability be reviewed by the Office of Students with Disabilities.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Use AutoCAD to draw construction details and sections using industry standard scales, line weights, symbols and annotations.
Course Activities and Design
This course will be presented by means of short lecture/discussion sessions and laboratory projects. Individualized instruction will be provided while the student is working on assigned projects. Open laboratory time will be made available, and may be necessary to complete the given tasks.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Individual and full class discussion; lab drawing assignments; exams; and final project deliverables may be used to assess outcomes.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Drafting Designers and Engineers need to be able to communicate with each other, and with manufacturing and construction personnel, using customized menus and AutoLISP programs.
- AutoCAD design software is widely used in the drafting technology professions.
- Many drafting graduates enter the workplace by performing customized file manipulations.