CCOG for APR 227 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- APR 227
- Course Title:
- NEC Review and Exam Preparation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
· Prepare for and take State of Oregon Electrical Licensing Examinations for persons who have been referred for examination by the state.
· Efficiently navigate the National Electrical Code Book, Oregon Specialty Electrical Code Book, and Oregon Administrative Rules when applicable in a licensing examination setting.
· Perform a range of electrical calculations in a licensing examination setting.
Course Activities and Design
· Organize the National Electrical Code Book and other code books using a system of page tabs.
· Take practice examinations that require efficient use Code Book navigation.
· Lecture on how different Code Books are organized.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be accomplished by applicable practice examinations.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
· Determine applicable code articles from applicable Code Books.
· Determine organization of Code Books and articles
· Practice electrical calculations related to the testing process.