CCOG for APR 144 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- APR 144
- Course Title:
- LBME: Luminaires, Switches and Equipment
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Use lighting fundamentals, wiring methods, battery theory, trade-specific math, and NEC rules (especially as they apply to circuit breakers and receptacles) to discuss, explain, install, troubleshoot, maintain and repair electrical devices.
- Draw and interpret blueprints and schematics.*
- Use test equipment to make electrical measurements. *
- Demonstrate appropriate use and care of trade-specific equipment. *
- Demonstrate safe working conditions in accordance with state and federal regulations.*
* these outcomes are required for statewide Apprenticeship Degree and Certificates and cannot be modified.
Course Activities and Design
Because LBME Apprentices come from a wide variety of occupations and because Related Training Courses complement the Apprentice's On-The-Job (OJT) Training, this course is primarily lecture with accompanying homework assignments using Del mars standard textbook of electricity and the american electricians handbook, providing students with a solid knowledge base.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Procedures will be discussed at the first class session and the instructor's grading policy will be referenced on the class syllabus. A pass/no pass grading option is not available for any APR(Apprenticeship) Course.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Use lighting fundamentals, wiring methods, battery theory, trade-specific math
- Use NEC rules
- Circuit breakers, receptacles to install, troubleshoot and repair electrical devices in the workplace.
- Draw and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Use test equipment
- Take electrical measurements.
- Use and care of equipment.
- Troubleshooting techniques