CCOG for APR 143 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- APR 143
- Course Title:
- LBME: AC Motors and Transformers
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
There is no P/NP grading option for APR classes. The grading option must be letter grade.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Properly apply current OSHA safety standards for the prevention of Arc Blast and Arc Flash using correct personal protective equipment.
- Draw and interpret industrial blueprints and schematics. *
- Demonstrate safe working conditions in accordance with state and federal regulations. *
- Solve electrical equations using trades specific mathematical formulas.*
- Use electromagnetic theory to discuss, explain, service, maintain, and repair AC motors and transformers.
*these outcomes are required for statewide Apprenticeship Degree and Certificates and cannot be modified.
Course Activities and Design
Because LBME Apprentices come from a wide variety of occupations and because Related Training Courses complement the Apprentice's On-The-Job (OJT) Training, this course is primarily lecture with accompanying homework assignments using Del mars standard textbook of electricity and the american electricians handbook, providing students with a solid knowledge base.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Procedures will be discussed at the first class session and the instructor's grading policy will be referenced on the class syllabus. A pass/no pass grading option is not available for any APR(Apprenticeship) Course.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Use of blueprints and schematics.
- Safety standards for electricians
- Calculations motors and transformers
- Calculations for supply and control circuits
- Electromagnetic theory
- Discuss and explain AC motors and transformers
- Service and repair AC motors and transformers
- Prepare for subsequent courses and the workplace.