CCOG for APR 142 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- APR 142
- Course Title:
- LBME: Electrical Code
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
There is no P/NP grading option for APR classes. The Grading Option must be letter grade.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Apply the requirements of the National Electric Code (NEC), Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR), and the Oregon Speciality Code (OESC) for lighting, motors, transformers, panels, wireways, switches, over current protection, and sizing calculations in installations.
- Apply OAR and OESC to specific Oregon electrical requirements in installations.
- Use the NEC articles and tables to perform various calculations.*
- Be prepared for the Oregon state LBME electrical licensing exam.
- Demonstrate safe working conditions in accordance with state and federal regulations.*
* these outcomes are required for statewide Apprenticeship Degree and Certificates and cannot be modified.
Students will obtain 75% pass rate on the state exam.
Course Activities and Design
Because LBME Apprentices come from a wide variety of occupations and because Related Training Courses complement the Apprentice's On-The -Job (OJT) training, this course is primarily lecture with accompanying homework assignments using a current NEC Code Book (currently NEC 2017), to providing students with a solid and more advanced knowledge base of the NEC, OAR's, and OESC.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be based on the a written workplace assessment form completed by each Apprentice's Journeyperson or Supervisor.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Navigation of the current National Electric Code (2017) to locate and apply the NEC requirements for lighting, motors, transformers, panels, wireways, switches, over current protection, and sizing calculations in order to explain, discuss and wire specific electrical devices.
Calculate wire size for feeders and branch circuits. Calculate overcurrent protection. Calculate sizing of specific electrical devices.
Navigate the current NEC book, OAR's and OESC and practice timed State Electrical Licensing exam targeting a 75% pass rate.