CCOG for APR 126 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- APR 126
- Course Title:
- Electrical Systems Installation per NEC
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Use the requirements of specific articles of the NEC to explain, discuss and install emergency power systems, freeze protection and temporary electrical systems as applied to subsequent courses and the workplace.
- Navigate the NEC Code book to identify these requirements.
- Describe various troubleshooting techniques of trade-specific equipment. *
- Demonstrate safe working conditions in accordance with state and federal regulations. *
- Describe and apply basic theory of electrical sources.*
* required for statewide Apprenticeship degree
Course Activities and Design
The instructor utilizes a lecture format to expose the students to fundamental industrial wiring and mechanisms.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Procedures will be discussed at the first class session and the instructor's grading policy will be referenced on the class syllabus.
A Pass - No/Pass grading option is not available for any APR (Apprenticeship) course.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)