CCOG for APR 125 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- APR 125
- Course Title:
- Electrical Circuits and Wiring Methods
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Use the requirements of specific articles of the NEC to discuss, explain, and apply the general principles of ground fault, direct short, and overload protection; fuses and circuit breakers; lighting devices; certain transformers; motors and motor starters; as applied to subsequent courses and the workplace.
- Describe various troubleshooting techniques of trade-specific equipment.
- Demonstrate safe working conditions in accordance with state and federal regulations. *
* required for statewide Apprenticeship degree
Course Activities and Design
The instructor utilizes a lecture format to expose the students to fundamental industrial wiring and mechanisms.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Procedures will be discussed at the first class session and the instructor's grading policy will be referenced on the class syllabus.
A Pass - No/Pass grading option is not available for any APR (Apprenticeship) course.