CCOG for APR 122 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- APR 122
- Course Title:
- AC/DC Motors Principles
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Use the basic principles of alternating current, direct current, and electromagnetic theory to discuss, explain, and wire motors, transformers, generators, inductors, capacitors, and storage cells as they apply to subsequent courses and the workplace.
- Solve electrical equations using trade-specific mathematical formulas.*
- Demonstrate safe working conditions in accordance with state and federal regulations.*
- Describe various troubleshooting techniques of trade-specific equipment.*
- Use test equipment to make electrical measurements.*
- Demonstrate appropriate use and care of trade-specific equipment.*
* required for statewide Apprenticeship degree
Course Activities and Design
This course will be presented by means of lectures and homework, demonstration, and applications using Standard Textbook of Electricity, (Delmar), current edition as the text. Student/Apprentices are required to have a calculator with capabilities for square and square root functions. A copy of the American Electrician's Handbook (Croft, Summers/McGraw-Hill), current edition, may be used as a supplementary reference.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Procedures will be discussed at the first class session and the instructor's grading policy will be referenced on the class syllabus.
A Pass - No/Pass grading option is not available for any APR (Apprenticeship) course.