CCOG for APR 103 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- APR 103
- Course Title:
- LME: AC Motors & Transformers
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
· Use electromagnetic theory to discuss, explain, service, and repair AC motors and transformers using test equipment, as applied to subsequent
courses and the workplace.
· Properly apply current OSHA safety standards for the prevention of ARC Blast and ARC Flash using correct Personal Protective Equipment.
· Solve electrical equations using trades specific mathematical formulas.*
· Draw and interpret industrial blueprints and schematics.*
· Demonstrate safe working conditions in accordance with state and federal regulations.*
*required for Statewide Apprenticeship Degree
Course Activities and Design
This course will be presented by means of lectures and homework utilizing the course book Standard Textbook of Electricity, The American Electrician's Handbook, and a current Code Book. Student/Apprentices are required to have a calculator with capabilities for square and square root functions.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Procedures will be discussed at the first class session and the instructor's grading policy will be referenced on the class syllabus. A Pass - No/Pass grading option is not available for any APR (Apprenticeship) course.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Use electromagnetic theory to discuss, explain, service and repair A/C motors and transformers utilizing test equipment as applied to subsequent courses and the workplace.
- Solve electrical equations using trade specific mathematical formulas.*
- Draw and interpret industrial blueprints and schematics.*
- Demonstrate safe working conditions in accordance with state and federal regulations. *
* required for statewide Apprenticeship degree