CCOG for PE 281 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 281
- Course Title:
- Professional Activities: Weight Training
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
A. Demonstrate safe, effective lifting techniques for every major muscle group when training clients.
B. Describe various resistance training methods, principles, equipment and assessments.
C. Utilize proper terminology to describe direction, location, function and action of the human body.
D. Lead safe, effective, and comprehensive resistance training sessions.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
• Written research projects • Written quizzes and exams • Individual and group presentations • Individual and group teaching practice
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Muscle Physiology
2. Benefits of Strength Training
3. Strength Training Adaptations 4. Strength Training Methods
5. Periodization of Strength Training Cycles 6. Strength Training Assessments & Programming Techniques
7. Teaching Methodology