CCOG for HUS 121 Spring 2023
- Course Number:
- HUS 121
- Course Title:
- Family and Human Systems
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces the structure and dynamics of organizations, communities, and society as well as the nature of individuals and groups. Provides an understanding of human systems, including individual, interpersonal, group, family, organizational, community and societal. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Recognize how family structures and roles change in human systems.
- Examine major theories of human behavior in the social environment.
- Identify the organizational structures of families and communities, including the capacities, limitations and resiliency of human systems.
Course Activities and Design
- Teach back
- Small/large group work and discussion
- Action methods
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Assessment of family system
- Representation of learning
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Human behavior in the social environment
- Social systems