CCOG for AVS 244 Spring 2023
- Course Number:
- AVS 244
- Course Title:
- Airplane Certified Flight Instructor Instrument
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
May be taken concurrently with AVS-243: Airplane Single-Engine CFI Ground/Flight.
This course covers the CFII (Certified Flight Instructor Instrument) portion of the Hillsboro Aero Academy Flight Instructor Curriculum FAA 141-approved Training Course Outline. It includes the flight instruction in stage 3.
Specific hours of training are required to meet the outcomes for this course, and will be provided by PCC's contracted flight training provider, Hillsboro Aero Academy, under PCC supervision. Outcomes will be assessed by written, oral and practical (flight) tests.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Fly and teach required instrument procedures to FAA Practical Test Standards from the right (instructor) seat.
- Qualify to take the FAA Flight Instructor Instrument practical test.
- Provide safe, high-quality flight instruction to students seeking FAA Pilot Instrument Certificates or seeking instrument proficiency training.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Evaluation methods will include written, oral, and practical testing. Evaluation levels will meet or exceed those defined by the FAA Flight Instructor Instrument Practical Test Standards, and required under 14 CFR 141, FAA Approved Training Course.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
(1) Fundamentals of instructing;
(2) Technical subject areas;
(3) Preflight preparation;
(4) Preflight lesson on a maneuver to be performed in flight;
(5) Air traffic control clearances and procedures;
(6) Flight by reference to instruments;
(7) Navigation systems;
(8) Instrument approach procedures;
(9) Emergency operations; and
(10) Postflight procedures