What is Early College High School?
Early College High School is an options program available to students in the Beaverton School District and partner districts. Juniors and eligible seniors may apply during the fall, winter, and spring terms. It is an opportunity for students to blend high school and college in a coherent, personalized and rigorous education program at Portland Community College.
Designed as an option for the last two years of high school, students generally attend PCC full time for six terms. Tuition is paid for by the Beaverton School District. It is possible for a student to earn a high school diploma as well as an Associate’s Degree or up to two years of transferable college credit in their career pathway.
Is it Right for Me?
- Yes, if you will be a junior (or eligible senior) and at least 16 years old when classes begin.
- Yes, if you live in the Beaverton School District or partner district.
- Yes, if you are the first person in your family to go to college.
- Yes, if you are interested in a career area that is not offered at your high school.
- Yes, if you are willing to leave your high school and attend PCC full time.
- Yes, if you find you are not a good fit socially or educationally at your traditional high school and are willing to commit to two years in the program.
- Yes, if you are concerned that college may not be an option for you otherwise and you are willing to take the required career development coursework.
- Yes, if you are mature and ready to take on new challenges.
Want to learn more about the program? Take these next steps:
- Visit our main website for detailed information regarding admission and timelines.
If you are not currently attending high school, are home schooled or have unique circumstances, we encourage you to contact the ECHS Office at 971-722-7473 to determine if you are eligible to apply.