Lend your voice and stand with Portland Community College at the 2019 PCC Day at the Capitol!
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Oregon State Capitol Building, Salem, Oregon
8:30am to 4pm
Join us in Salem for PCC's Day at the Capitol for your chance to tell your "PCC story" to legislators and thank them for investing in higher education.
As the largest institution of higher education in the state, PCC creates opportunities for nearly 73,000 students each year – many of whom are the first in their families to attend college. If your life has been changed by PCC, we hope you’ll come and share your experiences with our state government.
Free transportation will be provided to the Capitol from the Sylvania Campus and back.
Schedule of events
- 7:30am: For those who need transportation, the PCC Day at the Capitol shuttle bus (which holds 38 passengers) will depart from the Sylvania Campus shuttle bus area outside the TCB building. (You'll be able to indicate if you'd like to ride the bus when you register. Be aware, however, that seats will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.)
- 7:30am: For those who need transportation from Rock Creek campus, a 12-person van will depart from the Rock Creek round-about (in front of building 5). Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 8:30am: Welcome and check-in at the State Capitol front steps. Breakfast provided.
- 9:30am: Team leaders will check in with their teams to go over the key items.
- 10am: Floor sessions begin.
- 11am: Day at the Capitol Luncheon at the Salem Convention Center.
- 1 – 2:30pm: Teams break off to meet with their assigned legislators, sharing their PCC stories and the value of community colleges.
- 3:25pm: Meet in Rotunda for a group photo.
- 4:00 pm: Buses leave for PCC Sylvania campus