Our values reflect those of our community
As the largest post-secondary institution in Oregon, PCC is integral to the fabric of the community. Wherever you live, PCC is a part of your neighborhood – in the form of a campus, a learning center, a class or a workforce training program.
These are the commitments that guide us in creating a better future for our community.
- Making education available for every kind of student - no matter a student's age, ethnicity, location, level of education or financial status.
- Training the Portland area’s workforce for a stronger economy - partnerships with employers keep curriculum relevant and targeted to the current market.
- Preparing students for four-year colleges and universities - a gateway to higher education for the growing number of college-educated Oregonians.
- Making opportunity happen for PCC students and the community - the PCC Foundation makes higher education and career training affordable for all.
- Strengthening our region’s economy - PCC-trained students create a skilled workforce that attracts businesses to Oregon.
- Lifelong Learning
- Enriching the community through lifelong learning - from hobbyists to connoisseurs, 30,000 students each year choose to never stop learning.
- Serving, learning and growing in the community - cultural events, student volunteers, and campus facilities make PCC a resource for the public.
- Building a greener workforce and shrinking our carbon footprint - leading the way with green courses of study and a mission to become carbon neutral.
- Using our community’s resources wisely - careful use of tax dollars and annual audits make PCC a fiscally sound community investment.