Welcome student veterans! PCC has several offices to help you succeed, from getting your benefits processed to providing space to connect with other veterans.
- Veteran Services
- For certification or to learn about veterans educational benefits, contact Veteran Services. We help veterans use their benefits to support their college expenses.
Veterans Resource Centers
- Veterans Resource Center - Cascade
- The Cascade Veterans Resource Center creates a safe and friendly space where veterans can talk with other veterans, students and advocates.
- Veterans Resource Center - Rock Creek
- The Rock Creek Veterans Resource Center is a place to unwind, connect with your peers, check out the community bulletin board, and drink free coffee with fellow student veterans.
- Veterans Resource Center - Sylvania
- The Sylvania Veterans Resource Center intends to bridge the gap between student veterans and the resources they need for a successful transition to higher education.
More PCC resources for veterans
- VetSuccess on Campus
- Come talk with an experienced VA vocational counselor for help exploring careers and using veterans resources. Call 971-722-8456 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disability Services
- Student veterans who experience disability are eligible for accommodation. In addition, all students - regardless of disability status - are eligible for technology training.
- Veteran Services Library Resources
- A page highlighting some of the books, videos, magazine articles, and other materials we have at the library, both for veterans and for staff and teachers working with veterans.
Community resources for veterans
- Returning Veterans Project
- Free counseling and other health services for returning veterans and their families. Not affiliated with the VA. Completely anonymous.
- Portland Vet Center
- Family and individual support services: 503-273-5370.
- Clackamas County Veterans Service Office
- 503-650-5631, email@example.com
- Multnomah County Veterans Services Office
- 503-988-3620 x25005
- Washington County Veterans Services Office
- 503-846-3060, firstname.lastname@example.org
Government resources for veterans
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- For information on benefits available to veterans, call 1-800-827-1000.
- VA Education Office
- To check on the status of a payment or update your direct deposit information, call 1-888-442-4551.
- Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards
- Part of Veterans Affairs. Improves veterans' health through prevention and treatment, outreach, surveillance and focusing on special populations, including women veterans, veterans with HIV/AIDS, veterans with hepatitis C, and veterans exposed to hazardous materials during military service. Contains information about illnesses related to the Gulf War.
- To obtain copies of your DD 214.
- Portland VA Medical Center (PVAMC)
- Oregon National Guard
- Post Deployment Assistance - 1-888-688-2264 or 503-584-2391.
- Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs
- Includes a lot of information for Oregon veterans, including Oregon Educational Aid for Veterans.
- Work-Study Allowance Program
- If you're a full-time or three-quarters-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.