Skip to page content
- Josette Beach, RDH, MS
- Thank you for visiting the PCC Dental Program website. I am the Director of the three dental programs at Portland Community College. I graduated from the Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene programs and can testify to the excellent quality of instruction you will receive in the programs. I have practiced as a dental hygienist since1978, began teaching in the PCC DH program in 1982 and I have enjoyed working as the director of our dental programs since 2005. Special highlights in my career are meeting the newly accepted students as they enter the program and congratulating them upon graduation and entry into the workforce!
- Magda D’Angelis-Morris
- Dr. "D" has been in dentistry since 1994. She is a 1999 graduate of Oregon Health and Sciences University School of Dentistry. In 2014 she will receive a Masters in Healthcare Management from OHSU. She is a full-time instructor in Dental Assisting and part-time instructor in the Dental Hygiene Department at PCC. Her teaching assignments include: Radiology, General Anatomy, Oral/Head and Neck Anatomy, Ethics and Restorative Dentistry. Dr. D is proud to be an educator at Portland Community College. She started her studies at Linn-Benton Community College and being at PCC as faculty, gives her the opportunity to help empower students to pursue their careers in healthcare. "It is so gratifying to see our graduates change their lives by becoming a dental assistant or dental hygienist. They have so many opportunities after they leave our programs and it is rewarding to have made a contribution to their experiences here." She states. In her spare time, Dr. D enjoys spending time with her family, pets and friends.
- Dr. Robert Jones
- Dr. Jones has practiced dentistry since 1975 and has been a Dental Assisting Clinical Instructor at PCC since 2003. Previously, he has been a clinical instructor at OHSU and Russell Street Clinic, and he still maintains a general practice located in Gresham, Oregon.
- Peggy Lewelling, EFDA, RDH, BSDH
- Peggy Lewelling is a part-time clinical instructor for both the Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene programs at Portland Community College. She also teaches the Intro to Restorative course in the Dental Hygiene program. She is a past graduate of both Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene programs at PCC as well. She earned her Bachelor of Dental Hygiene from Eastern Washington University. Peggy practices clinical dental hygiene 2 days a week in private practice. In her spare time she enjoys the beautiful Oregon landscape by participating in many outdoor activities such as hiking, boating, beach combing and camping with her family. Even though Peggy is an Oregon native, the sun has a special place in her heart, so she likes to travel to as many warm sunny places she can find outside of Oregon as well.
- Jill Lomax, CDA, COA, EFDA, EdM
- Jill is one of the three full time dental assisting instructors at Portland Community College. She teaches Clinical Procedure courses during all three terms and Expanded Duties courses during winter and spring term. Upon graduating from a dental assisting program, she worked as a chairside assistant in both a general and an orthodontic office. Since then, she received her master’s degree in adult education from Oregon State University and truly enjoys working with students in pursuit of a rewarding career in dental assisting.
- LeeAnn Redifer, CDA, EFDA, COMSA, AAS
- LeeAnn has been a Dental Assistant since 1980. She has worked in both private practice and group practice dental offices. Next to teaching, her favorite part of my dental career was spent as an Oral Surgery Assistant. She has been teaching Dental Assisting since 1997, beginning in the PCC Dental Clinic as a part-time clinical instructor. In 2003she became a full time instructor teaching Dental Materials and Office Procedures.
- Fabiola Romero
- Fabiola is the front desk receptionist for the dental clinic. She helps answer patient questions, coordinates our student’s patient assignments as well as schedules observation time in the clinic for those that are applying for the dental hygiene program. She has a dental assisting background and enjoys working in an educational setting with our eager student’s and informing the community of our low cost dental services.
- Arleen Shannon
- Arleen has worked in the PCC Dental Department for 19 years. She graduated from Oakland City College in California with her Dental Assisting Certificate. Arleen is a wonderful friend to all of our students!