Resources for veterans
Resources for veterans at PCC
- Disability Services
- Student veterans who experience disability are eligible for accommodation. In addition, all students - regardless of disability status - are eligible for technology training.
- Veterans Resource Center - Rock Creek
- The Rock Creek Veterans Resource Center is a place to unwind, connect with your peers, check out the community bulletin board, and drink free coffee with fellow student veterans.
- Veterans Resource Center - Cascade
- The Veterans Resource Center creates a safe and friendly space at Cascade where veterans can talk with other veterans, students and advocates.
Community resources for veterans
- Returning Veterans Project
- Free counseling and other health services for returning veterans and their families. Not affiliated with the VA. Completely anonymous.
- Portland Vet Center
- Family and individual support services: 503-273-5370.
- Clackamas County Veterans Service Office
- 503-650-5631, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multnomah County Veterans Services Office
- 503-988-3620 x25005
- Washington County Veterans Services Office
- 503-846-3060, email@example.com
Government resources for veterans
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- For information on benefits available to veterans, call 1-800-827-1000.
- VA Education Office
- To check on the status of a payment or update your direct deposit information, call 1-888-442-4551.
- Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards
- Part of Veterans Affairs. Improves veterans' health through prevention and treatment, outreach, surveillance and focusing on special populations, including women veterans, veterans with HIV/AIDS, veterans with hepatitis C, and veterans exposed to hazardous materials during military service. Contains information about illnesses related to the Gulf War.
- To obtain copies of your DD 214.
- Portland VA Medical Center (PVAMC)
- Oregon National Guard
- Post Deployment Assistance - 1-888-688-2264 or 503-584-2391.
- Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs
- Includes a lot of information for Oregon veterans, including Oregon Educational Aid for Veterans.
- Work-Study Allowance Program
- If you're a full-time or three-quarters-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.