Resources for veterans

Resources for veterans at PCC

iconVeterans Resource Center - Rock Creek
The Rock Creek Veterans Resource Center is a place to unwind, connect with your peers, check out the community bulletin board, and drink free coffee with fellow student veterans.
iconVeterans Resource Center - Cascade
The Veterans Resource Center creates a safe and friendly space at Cascade where veterans can talk with other veterans, students and advocates.
iconVetSuccess on Campus
Come talk with an experienced vocational counselor for help exploring careers and using veterans resources. Call 971-722-8456 or email:
iconDisability Services
Student veterans who experience disability are eligible for accommodation. In addition, all students - regardless of disability status - are eligible for technology training.
iconVeteran Services Library Resources
A page highlighting some of the books, videos, magazine articles, and other materials we have at the library, both for veterans and for staff and teachers working with veterans.

Community resources for veterans

iconReturning Veterans Project
Free counseling and other health services for returning veterans and their families. Not affiliated with the VA. Completely anonymous.
iconPortland Vet Center
Family and individual support services: 503-273-5370.
iconClackamas County Veterans Service Office
iconMultnomah County Veterans Services Office
503-988-3620 x25005
iconWashington County Veterans Services Office

Government resources for veterans

Department of Veterans Affairs
For information on benefits available to veterans, call 1-800-827-1000.
VA Education Office
To check on the status of a payment or update your direct deposit information, call 1-888-442-4551.
Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards
Part of Veterans Affairs. Improves veterans' health through prevention and treatment, outreach, surveillance and focusing on special populations, including women veterans, veterans with HIV/AIDS, veterans with hepatitis C, and veterans exposed to hazardous materials during military service. Contains information about illnesses related to the Gulf War.
To obtain copies of your DD 214.
Portland VA Medical Center (PVAMC)
Oregon National Guard
Post Deployment Assistance - 1-888-688-2264 or 503-584-2391.
Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs
Includes a lot of information for Oregon veterans, including Oregon Educational Aid for Veterans.
Work-Study Allowance Program
If you're a full-time or three-quarters-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.