Using financial aid at the bookstore
Financial aid funds aren't disbursed until after the start of the term, but you need books right away, so we've set up a way for you to charge books at PCC Bookstores before your funds are disbursed.
Who can charge books?
In order to charge books to your financial aid, you must meet these criteria:
- You have accepted your award
- You checked yes under authorization to deduct charges on your award letter
- If you've already accepted your award and would like to authorize bookstore charging, complete the authorization to deduct charges form.
- You are enrolled for at least six credits
- You are making satisfactory academic progress
- You have sufficient financial aid award to cover tuition, fees, and the amount of your bookstore charge
- You do not have any past due charges on your PCC student account
To see if you are authorized to charge books, look in your Financial Aid Dashboard in MyPCC. If you are authorized, you will see "bookstore charge approval" with a green checkmark.
How to use financial aid at the bookstore
In most cases, it is no longer necessary to check in at Customer Service before selecting your books and supplies. We will verify that you are authorized to charge for the term at the cash register - just let the cashier know that you would like to pay with financial aid and present your PCC ID.
When can you charge books?
You can charge and return books during the following periods.
|Term||First day to charge||Last day to charge|
|Winter 2015||Monday, December 8||Saturday, January 10|
|Spring 2015||Monday, March 16||Saturday, April 4|
|Summer 2015||Monday, June 8||Saturday, June 27|
|Fall 2015||Monday, August 31||Saturday, September 26|
Returning charged books
Charged books may be returned no later than the last date for each term listed above. Credit will be applied to your student account for books returned during the allowable return period. No cash refunds will be given.
What can you charge?
The maximum bookstore charging allowance is $550 per term. You may not charge general merchandise or other items not required for your classes. You must have sufficient financial aid awarded to cover tuition, fees and bookstore charges. If your aid doesn't cover your charges, then your bookstore charges become part of your student account balance. You are responsible for any amount not covered by your financial aid funds.