You can charge up to $550. But be careful: the money comes out of your financial aid refund - it is not extra money on top of your refund. (If you spend more than your refund amount, it'll be charged to your account.)
How to charge your books
Check your dashboard
To see if you can charge books, look in your Financial Aid Dashboard in MyPCC. If you are okay to charge, you will see a green check next to bookstore charge approval on the stoplight tab.
Go before the first Saturday
Charge books to your financial aid by the first Saturday of the term.
Term First day to charge Last day to charge Winter 2017 Monday, December 12 Tuesday, January 17 Spring 2017 Monday, March 20 Saturday, April 8 Summer 2017 Monday, June 12 Thursday, June 29 Fall 2017 Monday, September 11 Saturday, September 30
Show the cashier your ID
Let the cashier know that you would like to pay with financial aid and show your PCC student ID.
Problems charging books?
Here are the most common things that will prevent you from charging books:
- Not taking enough classes: You have to be taking at least 6 credits to charge books. If you just registered, it takes about 24 hours to authorize bookstore charging.
- Not enough money: Did you already charge $550 worth of books? If so, you have no remaining charge allowance.
- No authorization: When you accept your award, you have to check yes next to authorization to deduct charges.
- Not maintaining eligibility: You have to be making satisfactory academic progress to charge books.
- Past due charges: If you have past due charges with the school, you can't charge books.
Returning charged books
You must return charged books by the last date for each term listed above. Credit will be applied to your student account. No cash refunds will be given.
What can I buy with financial aid?
Only books or equipment required for your classes. You cannot charge general merchandise (like clothing, food or gifts).