Family Study Rooms and Kits
Portland Community College Library offers family-friendly study options for all patrons. Each campus has a room designed for parents and their children. These rooms can accommodate one family at a time and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The rooms do not provide childcare, but offer a family-friendly place for student parents to study and work on projects with their children.
Family study room amenities
- May be checked out for 4 hours
- A reading area for children
- Comfortable seating
Family room kits
Family Kits are available for check out and use by all patrons with children present. The kits are available at the Checkout desk. Use of the kits is limited to 4 hours. Students with children have priority over a single user for the first-come, first-served study rooms designated for this service. The kit includes:
- Rolling backpack
- Leapfrog tablet with power cord
- Bag with memory card game pieces
- Bag with puzzle pieces
- Whiteboard lapboard with dry erase markers and eraser
Guidelines for using these spaces
- Do not leave your children unattended. Parents are responsible for their children’s safety and behavior.
- The Sylvania family room is only available for use by PCC students when their children are with them. At the other campuses, there are family room kits available for check out, and a designated study room is available that prioritizes families. There are other library rooms at all campuses available for individuals and groups.
- Please do not leave any personal items in the room. Personal items left in the room will be submitted to PCC Lost and Found.
- Library resources are not censored. Parents are responsible for monitoring what their children access–both online and print materials.
- Please let us know at the Checkout desk if there are issues with either the kit or the room that need attention.