Enrollment Services Coordinator
TITLE: Enrollment Services Coordinator
CLASS: Academic Professional
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
Under the direction of management, performs a variety of activities to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the district-wide enrollment services department and resolves difficulties encountered in the enrollment process. Supports planning, development, and organization of Enrollment Services team leading toward achieving individual and team student enrollment and retention goals. Serves as the campus liaison and technical expert on complex issues related to admissions, registration, student records and governing laws and regulations. Interacts with faculty, students, staff and the public providing information, general assistance and problem resolution. Leads team to ensure student and client satisfaction by providing a high level of internal and external customer service. Incumbent functions with minimal guidance and direction.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements enrollment services activities at the campus level. Functions as the technical resource and provides complex problem resolution on issues related to admission, registration and student records.
- Represents Enrollment Services and acts as a liaison to departments, sharing information and updates regarding enrollment services via presentations and trainings. Works directly with college departments to ensure compliance and legal responsibilities are met.
- Develops and implements monthly work schedules, and support for enrollment services staff at an assigned campus. Trains, guides, assigns, distributes and monitors the work of staff; provides input to manager on employee performance. Mentors new staff and provides ongoing guidance. Coordinates with manager to create and maintain staff training manuals.
- Leads multi-channel outbound campaigns to prospective and current students to support the College’s comprehensive strategic plan to recruit, retain, and serve a vibrant and diverse student body.
- Resolves problems and issues referred by enrollment services staff. Researches issues and determines course of action; makes independent determinations, decisions and recommendations. Refers issues to appropriate college resource when necessary.
- Works closely with enrollment services staff to provide all types of enrollment verifications with special emphasis on processing verifications for DMV and for students and former students on probation with the federal government as well as other college Dean Reports. Makes decisions based on Banner documentation and external documentation for determining enrollment status, college performance and provides appropriate academic record information when necessary.
- Assists with College-wide initiatives and projects which support the College’s strategic enrollment goals.
- Provides departmental support as a Banner “power user” for registration and admissions process. Creates various Banner reports. Serves as a resource for technical upgrades, testing and implementation, and material development.
- Monitors the telephone helpline for Enrollment Services. Ensures that staff is logged into the telephone queue. Works with Telephone Services to research and resolve problems. Handles difficult customer calls and functions as the second tier of support when an upset customer wants to speak with staff in a leadership role. Determines when to escalate a situation to the manager. Creates and implements telephone training for new and current staff and ensures updates are implemented as well as run monthly reports.
- Makes determinations regarding late drops, tuition removal, reassignments of residency codes, duplicate records and other problems. Determines changes and corrections in the tuition files, ensuring that changes comply with college policies and guidelines.
- Manages duplicate records process; eliminates accumulation of duplicate records in the system and develops preventative measures to ensure duplicate records are not created in the future.
- Coordinates research efforts with human resources, financial aid, business office and the finance office to ensure that duplicate records are processed appropriately in each department.
- Trains and provides quality assurance with Enrollment Services staff to ensure that duplicate record creation is reduced and assures appropriate follow-up when duplicate records are created to prevent the problem from occurring in the future.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring/tracking of the department budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including special projects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office environment which is noisy and in which multiple interruptions occur. Occasional travel between campuses for meetings is required. Occasional evening or weekend hours required.
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Communications, Student Services, or related field. Experience performing related duties may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Three years of student services experience, including program coordination, in an academic environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strategic planning principles;
- Leadership principles;
- Educational recruitment;
- Customer service principles and practices;
- Word processing;
- Data base and spreadsheet applications.
- Interpersonal communication;
- Public speaking;
- Staff and program coordination;
- Keyboarding and word processing;
- Accuracy and detail orientation;
- Conveying technical information to students, staff, and the public.
- Convey technical information to non-technical audience;
- Learn and utilize Banner or other information systems and databases;
- Work effectively with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Provide effective and responsive service;
- Maintain accurate records;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships;
- Problem solve;
- Use desk top computers and associated software.