Foundation Operations and Finance Manager
- Title: Foundation Operations and Finance Manager
- Category: Management
- FLSA: Exempt
- Grade: L
Under the direction of management, the Operations and Finance Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the accounting, business, administrative, and scholarship functional areas of the PCC Foundation. Participates in the recommendation, creation, and administration of operational policies, procedures and processes in support of the PCC Foundation. Under the direction of the Executive Director and in collaboration with the Donor Engagement Manager, this position budgets, implements and evaluates activities to secure, acknowledge and distribute gifts raised by the PCC Foundation.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Under direction of Executive Director, and in collaboration with the Donor Engagement Manager, leads the operations of the PCC Foundation to advance the Foundation’s goals.
- In collaboration with management, develops and oversees the implementation of short and long-range performance measurements and tracking processes, including but not limited to those related to the strategic plan.
- Recommends and administers policies, procedures and processes in support of Foundation goals and operations, in accordance with relevant legal parameters, and implements and monitors compliance with approved policies, procedures and processes.
- Assists in developing and overseeing the implementation of short-range, long-range and strategic planning and related performance measurements and tracking processes for the PCC Foundation.
- Supervises academic and/or administrative professionals, paraprofessionals, technical/support and/or classified staff. Hires, trains, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Develops and monitors the Foundation’s budget and financial plans, authorizes and approves Foundation expenditures, manages the annual external audit process and oversees annual tax return filing, manages contracts with outside consultants and vendors, and works with Foundation Board and investment manager to ensure the most advantageous investment plan.
- Supports the Foundation Board and designated Board committee operations as assigned.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, taskforces and/or other related groups to communicate information regarding the Foundation and its initiatives.
- Oversees the Foundation’s scholarship and grant programs, ensuring timely and appropriate awarding of scholarships and, as needed, tracking and reporting of Foundation grants.
- Manages, in coordination with the Donor Engagement Manager, operations that support fundraising, such as donor acknowledgment, and the establishment and management of fund agreements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is generally performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily. Travel between campuses and within the College District requires the ability to drive and use of a personal vehicle.
Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Accounting or related field and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificate. Relevant experience may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis; minimum three years of experience in a fundraising environment. Five years of progressively responsible experience related to the area of assignment, including two years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Leadership and management principles;
- Foundation Board development principles and practices;
- Planning principles and practices;
- Nonprofit and foundation operations;
- Governance and board operations;
- Applicable local, state and federal laws, codes, rules and regulations;
- Policy and procedure development and administration principles and practices;
- Strategy development principles and practices;
- Strategic management principles and practices;
- Program management principles and practices;
- Budget administration principles and practices;
- Grant management principles and practices;
- Analytical methods and techniques.
- Supervising subordinate staff;
- Effective leading or managing a nonprofit organization and/or foundation operations;
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Preparing and administering budgets;
- Developing and analyzing policies and procedures;
- Planning and implementing program components;
- Compiling and analyzing data;
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions and making recommendations in support of goals.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with members of the community, management, board of directors, foundation board, staff and volunteers;
- Work effectively with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of faculty and staff, students and community members;
- Utilize computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities;
- Communicate effectively through oral and written media.
- Replaces: Foundation Manager – PCC Foundation Operations Manager 11/2016