- Title: Diversity Recruiter
- Category: Confidential
- FLSA: Exempt
- Grade: H
Under the direction of the Manager, designs, develops and implements strategic recruiting programs focused on diversity and inclusion. Researches hiring best practices and outreach methodologies to market PCC as an employer of choice. Collaborates closely with the Recruitment Team to meet the business needs of Portland Community College.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops and implements innovative outreach programs using diversity and inclusion best practice in support of PCC’s strategic initiatives.
- Researches best practice for full life cycle recruitment programs, with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Creates comprehensive recruitment strategies including advertising plans, outreach, trainings and tracking in collaboration with the Recruitment Team.
- Creates and maintains candidate pools of qualified candidates through frequent contact and notifications of positions. Builds pipelines of qualified candidates.
- Participates in recruitment events and represents PCC within the community and nationally.
- Fosters strong candidate relationships in person, via telephone, email, social media, etc. Utilizes new technologies as appropriate.
- Develops social media strategies to position PCC as an employer of choice.
- In conjunction with Manager, tracks talent acquisition metrics and provides data and reports on a regular basis. Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs, makes adjustments as needed.
- Collaborates with hiring departments to create diversity and inclusion plans for recruitments as well as ongoing outreach programs. Provides guidance and acts as a subject matter expert.
- Provides training to hiring managers and search committee members on strategies regarding diversity and inclusion, including inclusion advocacy.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local requirements and follows College recruitment and selection guidelines.
- Reviews applications and screens for minimum requirements.
- Performs general recruiting and recruitment planning, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is generally performed in an office environment, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Frequent reaching, sitting, walking, and standing may be required. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job. Frequent travel within the college district is required and occasional travel nationally. Occasional early morning, evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Education, Marketing, Communications, Business or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Three years’ experience in targeted recruitment required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
- Recruitment best practices;
- Training and development principles, practices, methods, and procedures;
- Research and analysis;
- Program/project management principles and techniques;
- Social media outreach practices on multiple platforms;
- Automated applicant tracking and human resource information systems.
- Speaking in public and presenting information to large and small groups;
- Organization, synthesis and analysis of varied and complex information and problems;
- Exercise of persuasion and influence in complex and sensitive situations within all levels of the organization to effect decisions and outcomes that align with best practices;
- Effective oral and written communication of policies, procedures, legal concepts, etc.;
- Exercise of good judgment in decision-making;
- Development of positive and collegial working relationships;
- Conducting business and operations needs assessments and developing recommendations to meet those needs;
- Planning and organizing work and managing projects;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting.
- Communicate to a variety of audiences;
- Work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Established: 6/2016