Faculty Employment Information
Thank you for your interest in teaching at Portland Community College (PCC). The following information is provided to help you complete the application process successfully. For information on qualifications needed to teach at PCC, check the Academic Policy Handbook for Instructor Qualifications.
We have automated our application process, which is now available at: https://jobs.pcc.edu. Our system gives you the ability to save the application as you create it and use it to apply for other jobs that become available. Once you create your account, you will be able to login and check the status of your application at any time during the recruitment process.
Completing the Application:
Please contact the Staff Employment Office at 971-722-5857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. If you require assistance with the application process due to a qualified disability under the ADA, please contact Staff Employment.
- You are required to create a detailed application. Any required information is denoted with an asterisk (*). However, the more information you provide, the easier it will be to effectively evaluate your skills, abilities and qualifications.
- The online announcement for each position will include a list of required documents. As a rule, faculty positions require the following: the PCC online application, an attached cover letter, an attached resume or vitae, and copies of college transcripts. The type of degree and date degree awarded must appear on the transcript.
- Applications are screened for advertised requirements. If substitutions or equivalencies are acceptable, they will be referenced in the position announcement.
- Required documentation may differ from position to position. Please refer to the “Additional Posting Information” section of the job announcement.
- Applicants who are currently completing a master’s degree (or other degree) are eligible to apply for positions as long as they will obtain the necessary degree prior to the advertised starting date. However, the applicant must supply a letter from their university stating that the degree will be granted by that date.
- Chronological resumes or detailed vitae are preferred. It is important that all work history is reflected at the time of application in order for applicable work to be credited toward salary placement. Please include dates of employment and part-time or full-time status.
- Current employees must also submit transcripts and other application materials as required. To request copies of current transcripts from their personnel file, employees must visit Human Resources in person (with i. d.) Employee files are not forwarded to screening committees and/or hiring supervisors.
- Application materials become the property of Portland Community College and will not be returned. Applicants will be notified of their status during the screening and selection process. Notification may take 10-12 weeks.
Academic Transcripts for Faculty Positions
A copy of an academic transcript from an accredited institution of higher education must accompany all applications for faculty positions. The type of degree and date degree awarded must appear on the transcript.
- If you have academic credentials from non-U.S. institutions, you will need to include an evaluation of your credentials.
- You may scan your transcript(s) and attach them as a “.pdf” document if you have access to a scanner. Attaching transcripts will ensure they are received with your application.
- No Access to Scanner? – You may fax or mail a copy of your transcripts to the Employment Office. The copy must be received by the Best Consideration Date.Fax copy of transcripts to: Fax: 971-722-5055
- U.S. Mail:
- Portland Community College, Staff Employment,
PO Box 19000, Portland, OR 97280-0990
- Express or Overnight Mail:
- Portland Community College, ATTN: Staff Employment,
Downtown Center Rm. 321, 722 SW 2nd Ave, Portland
- Hand Deliver:
- Staff Employment
Downtown Center Rm. 321, 722 SW 2nd Ave, Portland
Please do not request a signature when express or overnight mailing.
Graduates from non-U.S. institutions
Applicants who are graduates from non-U.S. institutions must provide a transcript evaluation from an international credential evaluation agency to confirm that their degree is equivalent to an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree awarded in the United States.
The transcript evaluation should permit PCC to verify that you have the required degree or the required semester or quarter hours of credit in the required discipline as advertised in the position announcement. To assist you in locating companies that provide this service, the following list has been provided.
World Communications International, Inc.
Credentials Evaluation Center
4501 North 12th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85014
PCC does not endorse any of these agencies. This listing is provided for the convenience of the applicant. There may be other transcript evaluation agencies you may choose to contact. A letter of inquiry should be sent to the evaluation service of your choice for application, information, and fee structure, before submitting documents.