Testing Center Coordinator
Title: Testing Center Coordinator
Exempt Status: Non-exempt
Nature and Scope of Work
Under the direction of Associate Dean of Student Development, coordinates the district-wide GED® testing program and other testing services provided by the campus testing office, including placement testing, Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) testing accommodations, make-up testing, contracted testing, etc. Incumbent may direct the work of other office support staff and/or work study and student help. Interpersonal contacts may include students, staff, the public, and/or external organizations.
- Oversees all day-to-day operations of the Testing Center. Works with the supervisor to develop and update services, policies and procedures in response to changing demands. Schedules and publicizes services, communicates program policies/procedures to campus and community and maintains integrity of testing environment.
- Serves as the designated GED® Chief Examiner for the PCC district. Follows federal and state regulations and policies and ensures compliance with regulations and test security. Trains alternate examiners, serves as liaison with the Department of Education GED® Office, orders materials, ensures candidate eligibility and prepares reports. Regularly updates and maintains student records and testing scores as required by the Oregon Department of Education in a nationwide GED® information tracking system.
- Trains, mentors, schedules and directs the work of other Testing Center staff, including hiring and supervision of work-study personnel. Provides input to the supervisor concerning full- and part-time employee performance for evaluation purposes.
- Administers, proctors, scores and transmits results of all tests administered by the Testing Center. Observes college, state/federal, and test agency policies and procedures for security/confidentiality of testing records; includes adherence to FERPA as it relates to PCC and testing services.
- Maintains security of tests and materials by routinely inventorying materials, reviewing procedures for security, ensuring secure storage and returning all test booklets and related materials to appropriate testing companies.
- Maintains Testing Center statistics including number of people tested, number of tests given and type of tests. Prepares monthly and annual reports and makes recommendations to the supervisor concerning staffing and programming implications.
- Meets and consults with staff at other PCC Testing Centers to coordinate general testing services and operations.
- Organizes, maintains and tracks budget for district-wide GED® testing services, as well as campus testing services. Assures program is equipped with materials and resources necessary for services. Initiates all purchasing of supplies and materials related to the program. Carries out billing procedures of external agencies, when appropriate.
- Provides excellent customer service to students and visitors seeking information about GED® testing. Assists students to complete GED® testing paperwork and assure accuracy and completeness. Refers students who need advising, counseling, or other support services to appropriate offices.
- Represents the Testing Center on appropriate student services meetings; represents PCC Cascade and district-wide GED® services at off-campus meetings as they relate to testing services.
- Assists Student Development Associate Dean to review contracts and agreements to provide GED® testing in off-campus locations, when appropriate and feasible.
- Assists area high schools with training and site set up information for computerized placement testing. Communicates with high schools regarding changes in placement rules and issues that may arise regarding placement testing.
- Provides special proctor services for other departments, outside certification agencies or other colleges and universities. Follows guidelines for maintaining general test security. Follows any special instructions particular to individual test situations. Forwards results as required.
- Engages in professional development activities, including annual GED® meetings, to maintain knowledge and awareness of effective testing practices, and to maintain certification status.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Evening and weekend work may be required. Considerable time spent working at a computer.
Learned physical skill is required to perform keyboarding. Extended standing is required in some positions. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of light-weight materials or equipment may be required.
As the GED® Chief Examiner, must possess a Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, liberal arts or related field. Three years of experience in teaching, training, counseling, or testing is required.
Considerable knowledge of current computer software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, interpret data, and be able to solve problems. Thorough knowledge of testing procedures, statistics, testing security and confidentially of test materials and scores. Ability to prioritize and assign work; keep accurate records and prepare detailed reports.
Replaces: GED® Testing Specialist 11/18/03
GED® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education and may not be used without permission. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license.