Student Systems Support Coordinator
- Title: Student Systems Support Coordinator
- Class: Classified
- Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
- Grade: 21
Under the direction of the Manager, the Student Systems Support Coordinator provides software application coordination, support, training and documentation. Serves as a liaison between end users, project and department managers, software vendors, and/or Technology Solution Services. Provides subject matter expertise relative to the business processes for the supported departments.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides consultative support and training to enhance the accuracy and effective use of assigned software systems.
- Supports day-to-day operations of assigned software applications and/or Banner modules supported by the Student System Support department.
- Investigates and resolves data and reporting inconsistencies.
- Troubleshoots and resolves application problems reported by students, faculty and staff, and makes corrections based on appropriate solutions.
- Works collaboratively with staff in the planning process and to determine departmental/program goals; ensures the software provides the required information and is used to its fullest capacity.
- Develops written documentation, internal operating procedures and end user instructions.
- Provides training to new users where appropriate. Trains and notifies students and staff of changes to data entry protocols and operational policies and procedures.
- Develops, recommends, and executes District-wide communication plans in collaboration with Student Service departments including but not limited to registration, policy changes, and campus services.
- Serves as liaison with software vendors and/or Technology Solution Services to coordinate application issues, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Acts as a system gatekeeper by approving and monitoring requests and access to the system in accordance with college security policies.
- Coordinates with application stakeholders regarding application enhancements and upgrades; coordinates end user testing prior to upgrades.
- Attends and participates in District-wide, campus-wide, and departmental meetings and committees related to application issues.
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the functions above.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is typically performed in an office environment with interruptions and deadlines and frequent exposure to video display terminals. Learned physical skill is required to perform keyboarding function.
High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree or two years of college-level coursework in communications, business, or a related area. Experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Two years of experience in troubleshooting and end user support of database operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Microsoft Office word processing software including Word and Excel
- Scheduling systems, files and master files;
- Principles of troubleshooting and analysis;
- Application design principles;
- Adult training techniques, course design, and testing techniques.
- Effectively prioritizing work requests, multi-tasking and time management;
- Providing technical assistance to others and communicating technical concepts and ideas to diverse populations both verbally and in writing.
- Engage in systems thinking;
- Configure systems for consistency with institutional policies and procedures;
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Manipulate data electronically;
- Stay abreast of technology changes related to job;
- Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility;
- Meet College expectations regarding customer service;
- Work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Meet college expectations regarding customer service;
- Read, understand, and follow application specific documentation of procedures and instructions.
- Established: 1/2007
- Replaces: Class Scheduling Coordinator 7/2015