Title: Shuttle Driver
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Under the direction of Workforce Network Management, transports Workforce Network customers between One Stop sites and Adult and Family Services (AFS) branches within Portland. Employs well-developed verbal skills for interactions with customers, staff, and the public. Incumbent will provide information and assistance to customers, students, faculty and staff, including alternate transportation awareness information.
- Drives van to pick up and transport Workforce Network customers between One Stop sites and AFS branches within Portland.
- Communicate and provide information and assistance to students in a caring and tactful manner.
- Perform required record keeping related to attendance, schedules and produce related reports.
- Make appointments for vehicle maintenance to ensure reliable transport.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in and around the van and in the office.
Mobility for getting in and out of van and extended sitting is required.
High school diploma or equivalent; good communication skills. Must possess a valid Oregon or Washington Driver’s License and one year of driving experience.
Must have an acceptable driving record. Must be able to obtain a first aid/CPR certificate, successfully complete a defensive driving course and sign a release to obtain current driving record and a personal/criminal background check.