Property Control Assistant
- Title: Property Control Assistant
- Class: Classified
- Exempt Status: Non-exempt
- Current Grade: 14
Nature and Scope of Work
Under Central Stores management, performs a variety of tasks to process and track college inventory and surplus according to college, state and federal regulations. Accountabilities include picking up and delivering college surplus, tagging equipment and assisting in physical inventories of college fixed assets. Job requires good verbal skills to present and exchange information with staff and external agency representatives. Work results impact the accuracy and reliability of further results beyond the immediate work section. Responsible for producing journey-level work output on a semi-independent basis subject to supervisory direction and review.
- Picks up and delivers college surplus at various sites using a college vehicle.
- Tags fixed assets in various locations throughout the college district.
- Assists in conducting physical inventory counts in areas throughout the college
- Prepares inventory documents and enters the data into the computer.
- Assists in fielding inquiries regarding college fixed assets.
- Cross trains and serves as backup in other Central Stores functions.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace. Follows safety procedures and uses proper
lifting techniques to ensure personal health and safety. Participates in initial and on-
going training in the safe handling of chemicals and other potentially hazardous
- Operates forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, delivery vans/trucks and may use personal
vehicle during the course of duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is primarily performed in a non-office environment. Exposure to adverse weather conditions while performing pickups and deliveries as well as adverse road conditions while driving a college or personal vehicle during the course of duties.
Learned physical skill is required for proper and safe lifting and material handling techniques. Must be able to lift and move heavy equipment and materials (70+) lbs (examples: desks, file cabinets, credenzas). Must have the ability to drive and operate delivery vans and trucks, forklift, pallet jack, and hand truck.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of six months of driving experience required in light to medium duty vehicles (examples: cargo vans, step vans, delivery trucks). Must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Oregon and possess an acceptable driving record. Must be able to meet requirements for forklift driver certification.
Required skills include: basic math, entry level typing/keyboarding, record-keeping, organization and communication skills. Must have the ability to perform data entry/retrieval procedures. Must have the ability to read and comprehend instructions and documentation, and to meet material handling safety requirements. Basic knowledge of safety procedures related to the handling of chemicals and other potentially hazardous material OR the willingness to attend related training upon hire and on an on-going basis.
Reviewed: 12/18; 03/06
- Revised: 12/14/95