Facilities Scheduling Coordinator
- Title: Facilities Scheduling Coordinator
- Category: Classified
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Grade: 20
Nature and Scope of Work
Under the direction of management, is responsible for coordinating the scheduling of room assignments and events; the purchase of furniture for general purpose classrooms, malls and other campus-based areas. Functions as the key liaison and subject matter expert for the integrated records management system for uniform district-wide scheduling software applications.
The incumbent functions independently in accordance with College and State requirements and interacts with a diverse group of individuals and organizations including campus administration, faculty, staff, students, contractors/vendors and the outside community.
- Coordinates facilities scheduling of approximately 2,000 classes per term using scheduling software and Banner applications. Places classes into 78 general purpose classrooms by downloading course data to/from Banner, editing files, preparing and running scheduling software, producing preliminary room assignments for review, proofreading printed schedule and correcting department and software errors.
- Responsible for the academic course management system (Resource 25) interface with student information system (Banner). Develops facilities scheduling procedures to maximize effective space utilization. Leads continuing efforts to improve scheduling and calendaring applications.
- Coordinates the scheduling of more than 2,000 special events and meetings occurring on campus each term using scheduling software. Events are scheduled for individuals within the college and the outside community. Interacts with campus management (e.g. Sylvania Campus President, Dean of Instruction, Division Deans and Department Managers) to coordinate facilities schedule information. Works closely with the PE Facility Coordinator and Theatre Coordinator to ensure all events are properly documented and approved in compliance with college policies and procedures. Coordinates resources for events with other college departments and support services.
- Invoices all chargeable events and maintains accurate accounting of invoices billed, payments received and associated personnel costs in compliance with college and State requirements. Provides documentation and confirmation of costs and reservations to facilities users. Generates and revises contracts for special events; evaluates risk, processes Certificates of Insurance and ensures proper contracts and related insurance are on file.
- Functions as key liaison, service provider and subject matter expert to academic departments and users of R25 scheduling system. Performs maintenance of the scheduling software application including configuring the application to change room features and assignment codes; assigns and maintains user privileges; creates new menu options; develops and updates table configurations and procedures and forms. Develops training manual for use of scheduling software and conducts training and support for campus support staff.
- Works closely with Dean of Instruction, Dean of Student Development, department deans, and instructional support staff to coordinate room assignments and resolve scheduling conflicts. Works with departments to maximize utilization of facilities in order to support additional classes and students.
- Responsible for the purchase of furniture for general purpose classrooms, mall areas and other campus-based areas. Obtains input on furniture requirements, contacts vendors, obtains quotes, makes selections, and coordinates delivery and installation. Works with Central Storeroom to remove surplus furniture and equipment from classrooms, offices and storage areas. Coordinates with Plant Services to schedule moves, remodel projects, maintenance projects and special event arrangements.
- Acts as a liaison between college departments and divisions regarding room utilization reports, analysis, policies and procedures. Monitors, tracks and reconciles facilities use budget.
- Oversees the work of Campus Scheduling Coordinator, student help and casual employees.
- Consults with software vendor, CollegeNet, and other colleges throughout the United States. Conducts informal training and demonstrations for external scheduling software users to support the college’s ongoing relationship with Resource25/CollegeNet.
- Participates as an active member of the Campus Safety Committee by attending regular meetings, and working with District Safety Officer to be alert to hazardous safety conditions.
- Works closely with the Fire Marshall and other regulatory agencies regarding campus facilities in the absence of supervisor.
- Provides campus tour of facilities for future campus users and customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is generally performed in an office area with some exposure to inclement weather when posting signs, checking classroom capacities, etc. Exposure to video display terminal occurs regularly. Job requires significant concentration, both mental and visual, while editing, proofreading and preparing data. Scheduling deadlines often create work pressure. Must stay abreast of technology related to job.
Learned physical skill required to perform keyboarding functions. Position requires sitting for long periods in front of video terminal, and periods of standing and walking. Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling is required for moving surplus equipment and furniture, classroom and special event setups.
Associate’s degree or equivalent with coursework emphasizing computer-related discipline, business technology or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Three years of administrative support experience with the primary focus of the experience encompassing the organization of large volumes of information; and using computer and customer service skills. Computer programming familiarity required. Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications required.
Must be detail oriented and accurate; possess excellent interpersonal, public relations, organization, problem solving, conflict resolution and supervisory skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively through oral and written mediums, work with minimal supervision and work with a diverse population.
- Revised: 03/09
- Replaces Facilities Scheduling Coordinator – 04/08