Class: Classified| Exempt status: Non-Exempt | Grade: 24
Under the direction of management, the Business Analyst works within the scope of assigned projects to engage with diverse groups of project stakeholders, subject matter experts, and process users to identify, define, and document business needs to find solutions, make process and technology improvements, and enact organizational change. Understands and identifies business problems and opportunities, assesses the capabilities to carry out change, determines feasible solutions/approaches, defines the scope of the solution, and prepares appropriate documentation to present findings. Proactively works with College leaders and partners to identify opportunities for innovation to enhance organizational agility at PCC.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts workflow analysis, needs assessments, gap analysis, preliminary cost/benefit analysis. Analyzes current state, solutions, and processes. Helps to define the future state to align with business and stakeholder needs.
- Identifies and recommends changes and improvement opportunities to enhance project, process, and service efficiency, effectiveness, digitalization, and innovation.
- Supports the full project life-cycle of requirements from concept to solution application. Works with PCC teams and stakeholders to elicit user and business requirements and builds strong working rapport with customers. Assists with interpreting, creating, and communicating requirements as necessary.
- Facilitates interviews and focus groups with stakeholders to assimilate knowledge and understanding of business problems, and business system, operational, and technology requirements.
- Documents detailed requirements, business needs, use cases, processes, user stories, and findings developed from analysis.
- Translates process and technical specifications/requirements into informative, user-friendly documentation, guides, and end-user navigation aids.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements, verbally or through written documentation, to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to clarify business processes, identify issues, and provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Facilitates teams in the design/redesign of business processes through the lens of the customer using journey mapping and other process improvement techniques and practices.
- Identifies and tracks escalating issues and risks to project stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Defines, develops, and implements quality assurance (QA) practices and procedures, end-user validation plans, and other QA assessments throughout the division.
- Verifies and validates requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, value, and conformity to department standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work environment includes frequent disruptions and changes in priorities. Work is generally performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily.
Associate’s degree in Business, Management, Information Technology or related field. Four years (4) progressively responsible in business analysis experience including identifying opportunities to improve processes.
OR six (6) years progressively responsible business analysis experience including identifying opportunities to improve processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Business analysis;
- Data analysis and reporting tools;
- Project and process management;
- Business process mapping and analysis, data modeling, database concepts, and workflow;
- Promoting and enhancing diversity, equity, inclusion practices;
- Ensuring the representation of stakeholders and perspectives in information-gathering work.
- Effectively prioritizing and executing tasks while under pressure;
- Leading, monitoring, and meeting project deadlines;
- Participating or leading technical projects such as new systems implementations or migrations;
- Gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data;
- Conducting needs assessments;
- Designing, developing, maintaining and updating application systems;
- Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions;
- Supporting change initiatives, such as new technology or new business process adoption.
- Work effectively with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Use computer technology for communication, data gathering, documentation, and reporting;
- Navigate in complex business and technical environments;
- Recognize, minimize and resolve production issues;
- Train users and staff;
- Communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical users.
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.