Title: Project Coordinator
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Under the direction of management, responsible for organizing and coordinating project activities. Assists in planning, scheduling, controlling, and monitoring portfolio of projects. Assists in monitoring project scope, timeline, budget, and quality expectations. Assists in managing stakeholder relationships and project definitions and submissions. Assists in administering processes and associated software platform.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates, schedules, tracks, and monitors project activities; escalates issues as appropriate.
- Administers project management software platform and ensures data quality, timeliness and accuracy is maintained.
- Supports management to ensure operational excellence and goals are met.
- Administers core project management functions and processes (e.g. intake & prioritization, management reporting, etc.)
- Supports project stakeholders in submission, coordination and status of project requests.
- Supports project teams in the management of project functions, by scheduling meetings, calls, facilitating communication and information flow, and other actions.
- Assists project leads in tracking and managing risks, issues, and change requests and updating project artifacts as needed.
- Contributes to the maintenance and updating of internal process documentation. Assists in developing and maintaining project management best practices. Identifies and recommends process improvements.
- Participates in training as directed (project management best practices and software user training).
- Supports and attends meetings; records action items and minutes and distributes to all project team members.
- Effectively and accurately monitors and communicates relevant project information to stakeholders, clients, senior management and project team. Provides status updates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is performed in a normal office environment. Learned physical skill for performing keyboarding functions.
Associate’s Degree in Project Management, Computer Information Systems, business or related field or equivalent certification. Experience performing the duties of the position may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Three years of professional experience in program or project coordination.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Contemporary office practices, procedures and techniques;
- Project/Portfolio management software;
- Project management principles and techniques;
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working directly with senior business stakeholders;
- Creating, organizing, and keeping records;
- Effectively coordinating resources and meeting timelines;
- Coordinating activities with other internal departments and external organizations.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships;
- Meet college expectations regarding customer service;
- Maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record;
- Work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Learn and utilize information systems and databases;
- Communicate effectively through oral and written media