Campus Scheduling Coordinator
- Title: Campus Scheduling Coordinator
- Category: Classified
- Grade: 16
Nature and Scope of Work
Coordinates all aspects of facilities scheduling for an assigned campus or college center. Primary accountabilities include scheduling room use for classes, meetings, special events and outside groups; administering facility use policies and procedures; generating and revising contracts for special events and performing billings and collections.
- Coordinates classroom assignments and performs facilities scheduling for numerous classes each term using scheduling software and Banner applications. Acts as liaison between college departments and divisions regarding room utilization to ensure efficient use of space.
- Coordinates facility assignments for non-class events using scheduling software and Banner applications. Meets with the public, estimates charges, hires casual staff, arranges for custodial setup, and orders equipment for events.
- Communicates with campus security, parking, plant services and other appropriate departments regarding arrangements for special events taking place on college property.
- Generates and revises contracts for special events. Evaluates events for risk levels and processes Certificates of Insurance.
- Invoices all chargeable facility use events according to state and federal regulations. Maintains accounting for invoices, payments received and personnel costs for each event. Reports income to PCC Financial Services.
- Maintains and publishes a weekly calendar of events.
- Makes recommendations on revisions to facility use policies and procedures.
- Provides tours of facilities for future use by staff and outside customers.
- Directs students/clients in person and on the phone to appropriate areas. May manage the campus information center including hiring, training, and overseeing the work of student help and casual employees that staff the Information Booth.
- May process incoming/outgoing mail and receive and secure package deliveries for assigned campus or college center.
- May order and maintain an inventory of office supplies.
- May provide training, guidance and direction to other employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Exposure to video display terminal occurs regularly. Scheduling deadlines may create work pressure.
Learned physical skill is required to perform keyboarding. Position requires sitting for long periods in front of video terminal, and periods of standing and walking. Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling is required for moving equipment, furniture and other items.
Three years of administrative office support experience. College or business school training may be substituted for up to two years of the experience requirement.
Contemporary office practices, procedures and techniques; spelling, vocabulary, math and grammar skills appropriate to the position; use and operation of personal computers and associated software, basic customer service standards and principles; other office resources and equipment including phones, fax and copy machines.
Develop and maintain effective working relationships; maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record; provide effective and responsive service to department customers and contacts; meet schedules and timelines; train and provide work direction to casual and student employees; work independently with minimal direction; perform all assigned tasks efficiently and accurately and create and maintain accurate records; possess and demonstrate the required level of proficiency in desktop computers and other software or electronic resources; learn and utilize Banner or other information systems and databases; create and maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- New: 6/07
- Revised: 4/11 Facilities Scheduling Coord