Employment Specialist Coordinator
Title: Employment Specialist Coordinator
Class: Academic Professional
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Employment Specialist Coordinator is responsible for providing coordination and oversight of associated employment and training activities, such as the JOBS program in Washington County. The Coordinator develops and implements program strategies for worksite development, skills training, recruitment, referral, and coordination of services for programs serving clients. The Coordinator has coordination and lead responsibilities for a team of Employment Specialists whose primary focus is placing and monitoring clients employment and training components and markets the services to employers. Incumbents work independently and proactively to initiate appropriate activities that will lead to the accomplishment of program goals.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with targeted businesses and industry to develop potential worksites and employment opportunities for clients. Negotiate work site training agreements or special accommodations. Monitor and track success following placement.
- Coordinate employment and training services with a team of program staff and management to assure efficient and effective service delivery and to meet program goals for client referral, placement, participation, and transition.
- Develop and implement strategies for worksite development, skills training, recruitment, referral, and coordination of employment and training components for clients. Develop marketing materials and design and deliver presentations for assigned programs.
- Foster strong working relationships with businesses, community based organizations, and partner agencies. Provide consistent communication with partner agencies to ensure coordination of services.
- Direct the work of assigned staff. Participate in screening and interview/selection processes, performance evaluations and counseling. Coordinate staff schedules and conduct staff meetings.
- Prepare progress reports for program management to keep all parties informed of progress and accomplishments.
- Provide case management and work directly with client coaching in employment and training components.
- Facilitate workshops on job search techniques such as resume writing and interviewing to clients and other job seekers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Frequent travel to local businesses, community based organizations and partner agencies require the use of personal vehicle. Learned physical skills necessary for operation a computer and other office equipment.
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Social Science or related field.
Demonstrated professional experience in an employment and training environment. Demonstrated experience coordinating and supervising projects and directing staff. Demonstrated experience working with and marketing programs to business and industry.
Or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Services provided by community based organizations;
- Effective marketing techniques;
- Program requirements.
- Delivering presentation and designing training sessions;
- Operating a computer and other office equipment.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects;
- Effectively communicate in oral and written form;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.