Campus Operations Coordinator
Title: Campus Operations Coordinator
Class: Academic Professional
Exempt Status: Exempt
Under the direction of the Campus President coordinates campus internal and external community relations; works with the College’s Public Affairs Office and Rock Creek campus faculty and management to coordinate communication and promotional plan for the campus. Manages the Rock Creek Event Center and coordinates facilities scheduling for the campus. Serves as campus liaison for a variety of central and auxiliary services.
The Campus Operations Coordinator is responsible for performing professional level duties in planning, coordinating and implementing activities in support of campus programs and services.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages campus relations with the community including representing PCC to the community-at-large; develops and maintains relationships with key community groups. Serves as a primary communication link between the campus and the community/service area to ensure that goals and priorities of the campus reflect the needs of the community and comply with the mission, vision, values, goals and educational master plan of the College.
- Coordinates communication and promotional plan for the campus among the general public, external organizations and the internal college community. Assists the Campus President in responding to external community groups, organizations, and individuals.
- Promotes college workshops, classes and other activities to target audiences and represents the college as required at Chamber of Commerce, community groups and job fairs. Serves as the point of contact for the PCC Columbia County service district. Explores and develops new community partnerships to maximize resources and market college educational programs.
- Develops publicity for workshops and special events; coordinates the development of direct mail, fliers, press releases and other media promotion to market campus educational programs.
- Oversees all aspects of room/space allocation at Rock Creek Campus including facilities scheduling for classes and special events. Coordinates the scheduling and rental for events in the Rock Creek Event Center. Assures that client technical and production needs are met; troubleshoots issues and problems as they arise.
- Acts as a lead worker over assigned staff. Provides training, oversight and input on employee performance reviews.
- Serves as campus liaison between campus infrastructure (i.e. plant services, grounds and maintenance, food service, public safety etc.) and the Rock Creek Leadership Team to facilitate effective campus operations. Coordinates with plant services for capital projects, space design, remodels, maintenance projects and special event arrangements. Resolves conflicts between customer departments, representatives of the community and contractors.
- Facilitates the development of campus emergency procedures; responds to building and campus emergencies and contacts appropriate administrator for immediate follow up regarding incidents; and ensures proper documentation and reporting procedures are met.
- Prepares written reports consisting of qualitative and quantitative data, memoranda, draft publications and brochures and other documents as necessary.
- Provides public information; explains College policies and procedures and coordinates public events.
- Performs special projects for the Campus President as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Education or related field with three years of progressively responsible administrative, marketing and/or public relations experience. Demonstrated experience working with the community building productive relationships.
- Communications and marketing concepts and practices; public relations principles; group facilitation, influencing and negotiation techniques; analytical methods and techniques; area resources; needs assessment methods; project management principles and techniques.
- Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility with others; build and maintain strong relationships with community groups; plan and execute marketing projects; effectively manage resources and meet timelines; supervise subordinate staff; conduct needs analysis and compile and analyze data; analyze problems and identify alternative solutions; prepare marketing materials; coordinate activities with other internal departments and external organizations; work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff; utilize computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting; communicate effectively through oral and written mediums.
Work is generally performed in an office area with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily.